Why visit Grand Lake in October?
The month of October can offer fabulous weather in the Rockies, or a dusting of snow! It is a peaceful month and folks who don’t like crowds love to visit Rocky Mountain National Park at this time of the year. The elk are still bugling and the trails are quiet. Sunny days can be t-shirt warm, and the scenery always astounds.
Looking for affordable Hotels in Grand Lake?
Take advantage of one of the Rapids Lodge hotels deals: enjoy a one bedroom Rapids Suite that can sleep up to six people and has a fully equipped kitchen for just $89 per night. Rapids Suite 4 is a studio that runs at just $60 per night! The lower level Rapids Suites (1-4) are all pet-friendly so you can vacation with your four legged family member!
If a smaller, more romantic room is your style, Trails End or Garden Room on the second floor of the historic lodge building might be perfect for you at just $60 per night.
The Rapids Restaurant will be open for dinner four nights a week in October, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Enjoy a sumptuous meal with a view over the spot-lit river. Cozy up in front of the lobby fireplace with a nightcap before bed.
Ideas for Daytime Activities in October:
- – Hike to Adams Falls, just 0.3 of a mile
- – Drive Trail Ridge Road (average closing date Oct. 23)
- – Listen to the elk bugle in Rocky Mountain National Park at sunset
- – Shop downtown for early Christmas gifts
- – Soak at Hot Sulphur Springs
- – Book a relaxing massage with Sarah Chabot
- – Take a Hot Air Balloon ride and soar above the Rockies
- – Fish Grand Lake, Shadow Mountain, and Lake Granby
- – Read that book you have wanted to read for ages
If you a Colorado hunter, you will find some of our larger units ideal for groups if you don’t want to rough it at a hunting camp!
We invite you enjoy the peace and quiet in Grand County, hear the crunch of Aspen leaves underfoot and completely relax when you visit Grand Lake, Colorado